If you’ve sent your CV and applied for a job the most important thing to do next is to prepare for a phone or face-to-face interview. If you prepare effectively you will feel more confident when you receive the call!
Here are some common phone interview questions:
- What are you doing currently?
- Do you have experience working as a ….?
- Can you describe what you did in your previous job as a …?
- Do you have experience working in a team?
- How many hours’ per week are you available?
- What are your key skills/strengths?
- When can you start?
- Do you have a car?
- Do you have any holidays planned?
- Do you have a Working with Children Check/Police Check/RSA Certificate?
Want to improve your pronunciation? Listen to this phone interview:
- Always read the job ad carefully and know the key skills that are required.
- Research the company by looking at the company website, social media etc.
- Know exactly what days and times you are available to work.
- Think about what skills and previous experience you have that could be important for them to know about.
- Practice saying your responses to the common questions out loud – you may want to record or video yourself!
- Prepare questions to ask at the end that will help you get to know them better e.g. Can you describe some typical daily tasks?