Here are some quick tips to help you plan how you can find your next job.
- Be clear about your goals from the start – do you know what you want to achieve from your job search? Have you set yourself weekly/monthly goals?
- Be serious about searching for opportunities – replying to job ads is a good first step when you’re looking for a new job but, make sure to be proactive too. Make sure to attend networking activities, follow up with all new contacts and always think about improving your online profile. Keep a record of everything too!
- Be an active researcher – do your research and you will stand out from the crowd. Have you found out who the recruiting manager is for the role you’re applying for? Have you called them to introduce yourself?
- Be fully prepared – make sure you have an appropriate social media profile and voicemail message as this can improve your chances of getting an interview. You should also make sure you have a suitable wardrobe so you can attend an interview anytime.
- Be professional by personalising every application – make sure your CV and cover letter show how suitable you are for the advertised role. By showing that you have the required skills and experience that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals can help your application to stand out from the crowd.