If you’ve sent your CV and Cover Letter for a particular job then the most important thing to do next is to prepare for a phone and face-to-face interview. If you prepare effectively you will feel more confident when you receive the call!
Here are some common phone/face-to-face interview questions:
- What are you doing currently/at the moment?
- Why does this job interest you?
- Tell me more about your experience working as a ….?
- Can you describe what you did in your job at …?
- Do you have any experience working in a team? If yes, can you tell me about your role?
- What will you do if a team member disagrees with you?
- Have you had much experience working with …(software/technology)?
- What’s your availability?
- What are your key skills/strengths?
- What skills do you think you still need to develop?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have a car?
- Do you have any holidays planned?
- Do you have any questions?
Finally, you should always be prepared for the “Tell me about yourself” interview question as this is commonly asked at the start of an interview in Australia. It is used as a way to allow you to introduce yourself. You should give a short answer and simply provide details about your background, skills and experience. It should be very similar to the information in the Profile section of your CV. It’s a good idea to practice this and feel confident responding to it.