If you missed last week’s FREE online Lunch & Learn session, here’s a summary of what we talked about.
What can you do today to get motivated to study?
- Set yourself a clear goal.
- Know how to structure and track your study time.
- Create a Weekly Planner.
- Focus on Tasks not Time.
- Create a Reward System.
Tips for creating a Weekly Planner:
- Start by blocking out time when you have your weekly commitments or activities (non-study activities) e.g. work, exercise, family, social etc.
- Fit your study in around the stuff you enjoy doing. Remember that you won’t stick to your plan 100% of the time!
- Make your plan visible by putting it on the fridge, on your bedroom door or even on your phone/laptop.
Tip to help you be successful:
- Identify the big tasks you need to complete to achieve your goal, then break these into smaller tasks and assign a time to each of them and prioritise them. Add these tasks into your planner.
- Make a list of activities you can do in your short breaks. Break up your study and allocate time for short breaks between tasks.
- Make a list of the different things distracting you and think about what you could do in each situation. Practice your English by writing some sentences like this …
- When I am distracted by …….., I can do…..
- Install an anti-procrastination App e.g. Stay Focused, Help Me Focus or Forest.
- Work with a study buddy, a partner or friend to help make the experience more enjoyable.
- Create a Reward System to help you. Make a list of different rewards and add these into your Weekly Planner e.g. watching a movie, taking a day off studying, having a 30 min walk in the sunshine or chatting to a friend etc.
If you want to get started today, you can complete a FREE IELTS/PTE Writing Assessment.